Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Don't bother asking "why" when in Mexico

Mexico is a very diverse and interesting country. I moved here from Canada because I wanted to experience a different culture, a different language, a different way of life, and a different way of looking at things. Sometimes though somethings can get just a little frustrating . . . . . . . . . .

I could ask why are all the roads in my little town of Playa del Carmen all dug up and being worked on at once causing huge traffic jams? . . . . . . . . I could ask why did you have to dig up and refill my road three times to put in the sewer lines? . . . . . . I could ask why wont you accept a bill with a very small tear that was given to me from the bank? . . . . . . . I could ask why do some towns in Mexico like Puerto Vallarta have you make left hand turns from right hand lanes?

You get the picture. But why should I focus on that when I have this beautiful paradise that I chose to live in? Sometimes I walk, sometimes I take the workers on the sewer line a drink, I can pay with another bill and find someone less picky to take this bill with the tiny tear. I don't really need to ask why, I just need to enjoy the difference. I can treasure the difference because I chose it.

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site www.OnlyinMexicoYouSay.com

No comments: