OK. Maybe some areas of Mexico are better at mail delivery than Playa del Carmen, but mail delivery here never ceases to amaze me. I have told family and friends to not bother trying to mail anything to us. I tease it is because the iguanas (who I say deliver the mail) are very slow. Really it is because I don't want to go into the following details:
- my mailing address is about 9 lines long but does not coincide with any recognizable street address.
- most areas do not even have street signs.
- very few people even attempt to put their house number on the wall - probably because they are not sure what it is.
- the mail we do get can usually be found somewhere in the yard having been tossed through the gate.
- It is usually not our mail.
Here is an amusing example: the bank statement I picked up today that was lying inside our yard had been folded up like origami! I say very creative - but again it was not our statement. I am eagerly awaiting the paper airplane.
I say save postage and buy a plane ticket and deliver our mail and presents in person! Aren't I thoughtful to save you the money on a stamp?
Enjoy the Adventure, Suzanne
P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/