The weekend is here again. So today I thought I would share the top 10 things a foreigner who has become a local likes to do on the weekend in Playa del Carmen, Mexico:
10. Sit on 5th Ave. and count the sunburned tourists. Look for the men wearing socks with sandals as they are obviously Canadian.
9. Go to the beach and eat shrimp tacos.
8. Visit with friends at the beach while eating shrimp tacos.
7. Go to the movies because they are air conditioned, have great seats, popcorn with hot sauce, and are cheap. Playa del Carmen has three different movie theaters now with about 19 viewing options.
6. Go swimming - in the ocean, a pool or a cenote. Why? Because it feels really good.
5. Go to the beach in the evening (when it is really quiet) and look out on the ocean in the moonlight and really remember why you came here.
4. Have a party - any reason is a reason for a party!
3. Go shopping just for fun - Playa has three big malls now.
2. Leave town because it is the weekend and visit Bacalar or Merida.
1. Still # one - Sleep in a hammock.
Enjoy the weekend!
Enjoy the Adventure, Suzanne
P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/