Monday, May 14, 2007

There is humour in getting your FM3 in Mexico

An FM3 is a foreigners work permit for Mexico. You really need to find the humour in this process or you may find yourself shaking your head in frustration. For any immigration official that may be reading this, don't get me wrong, I am extremely grateful to have been approved again this year. I know I am a guest in your beautiful country. But I do need to share some of the humour in the process ...........

- my husband and children were approved this year in a week. My approval came a month and a half after theirs.

- last year mine and my husbands were approved in a week; but we had to prove we could afford our children! My husband considered saying no, send them back but I managed to talk him out of it.

This work permit process could be even more fun in other countries ~ maybe I'll try it sometime!

Enjoy the Adventure, Suzanne

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com

No comments: