Oh my, it is only May and it is already hot here in Mexico! What to do? What to do?
OK here are Suzanne's top 10 heat survival tips! Ready?
10) Do everything in a swimsuit so you are ready to dive into any pool or ocean at a moments notice. Showing real estate? Jump in the pool to show them how fun it will be when they live there.
9) Go to as many movies as possible as they have air conditioning and a bonus of popcorn.
8) Keep ice, Popsicles, and ice cream in the freezer. Your choice is dependent on whether you want to buy a bigger swimsuit or not.
7) Cultivate friends who have a pool or live on the water. You have no water to swim in? I'll see you in the fall.
6) Drink lots and lots of water. Sorry, beer does not count as water.
5) Don't do anything strenuous. You don't want to waste all the water you just drank do you?
4) Now is a good time to drive everywhere as the car has air conditioning. Taking out the garbage? That requires the car.
3) Take lots of showers. Showering with your spouse conserves water.
2) Carry a portable fan everywhere that squirts water. You will be guaranteed to make lots of new friends. Don't forget to ask if they have a pool.
1) Write your friends and tell them how much fun you are having!
Enjoy the Adventure, Suzanne
P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/