Monday, June 18, 2007

The joy of Zip Lining in Mexico


I went zip lining over the Mexican jungle this weekend. Here is the definition of a zip line from Wikipedia:

A zip-line (also known as a flying fox, zip wire, aerial runway, death slide or tyrolean crossing) consists of a pulley suspended on a cable mounted on an incline. They are designed to enable a user propelled by gravity to traverse from the top to the bottom of the inclined cable, usually made of stainless steel, by holding on or attaching to the freely moving pulley.

Yep, did you catch the death slide part? I did a death slide! I am so glad I only looked this up on my return. I was a little scared before I did it. I mean I was only there to support to my friends starting a new business. I am a good friend aren't I?

So there I am hanging thousands of miles off the ground in a harness attached to a cable ..... whoops there I go..... was I supposed to go then? Is everything hooked up? ......I'm now whizzing across the line above the jungle feeling like a bird and ...... wait I feel no fear anymore. I did four different lines - no, no fear - only a feeling of freedom.

This is fun. I must remember to thank my friends. They turned out to be pretty good friends. Can I do it again? Only 12 or so more times - please?

This new adventure is down by Bacalar. It's called BioMaya. Just e-mail me for details.

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/

No comments: