Friday, August 17, 2007

Another hurricane for Playa del Carmen?

Possibly hurricane Dean will hit Playa del Carmen on Monday or Tuesday next week. How do I feel? The words, “Oh no not again” pop into my mind repeatedly. I went shopping yesterday and stocked up on non perishable food and a friend bought plywood to board his windows so maybe that will ensure we never see it. You think?

I just remembered to check my hurricane checklist so now I am headed out for candles and batteries. Drinking water is taken care of by our home delivery.

Let’s see, once again it is possible we will be without electricity, phone or Internet. How did people of the olden days manage life? I mean really!

Some people leave town when they hear a hurricane is coming – not me, I’m going to pull out the games! After all we survived hurricane Wilma just fine (for details of that adventure see my book below)!

I’ll keep you posted for as long as we have Internet connection. After that you can trust I will be munching on cookies, drinking margaritas, catching up on my books and playing my games!

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/

No comments: