Monday, October 29, 2007

A great Mexican house painter

I made my painter feel bad on the weekend. First, let me tell you we have found the best painter you could ever hope to have. He comes from Chiapas and really knows his stuff. He painted the outside of our house just before Hurricane Wilma and we were practically the only people who did not have to repaint their house!

He is here again to paint our wall and gate now, as well as the inside of our house. So what happened? Saturday I arrived home to find the metal on our gate painted orange! Turns out it was only the rust protector coat and black will be painted over top but he saw my initial reaction when I returned home and was so upset that I seemed upset that today when he came to work he brought me a huge container of apple juice as an apology for upsetting me!

Only in Mexico you say? Maybe. All I know is that I feel pretty darn lucky to have found such a great guy to paint our house. Now, how do I apologize to him for making him feel bad?

He is in Playa del Carmen for six months. Let me know if you need a painter!

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com

1 comment:

Drew Painting said...

That's funny. He is a good painter. Takes special care in your work with good priming and then brings you something special to ease your frustration. Keep him around.

Dave Drew
A Phoenix, Arizona Painting and Drywall Contractor
http://www.drewpainting.com