Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Life in the slow lane of Mexico

Life seems to move more slowly here in Mexico. Do you need to get used to that? Yes, very often I remind myself that it is a good thing. In Mexico, things are usually done at a different pace and can even be looked at with a different level of importance.

Line ups are good because they give you a chance to notice things like what people are wearing and they also give you a chance to write to do lists. When they tear up all the roads at the same time (just visit Playa del Carmen now to experience this wonder) that is good because you cannot go anywhere and you are forced to relax. Of course I work from home, so I relax all the time and don’t usually need to go anywhere.

Some days it can be tough to get anything done, but what really needs to be done anyway? I say relax and enjoy as that is what life should be about! I guess I moved to the right place then.

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com

No comments: