Today I’ll share with you my top 10 things to do if you are spending Christmas in Playa del Carmen, Mexico this year.
10) Go to the beach and build Santa’s house out of sand. Paper towel rolls make a great mold for the posts. Don’t forget to add the North Pole sign post. Paper or plastic reindeer are optional, but do add a more realistic look. Skip the candy – too messy with the sand – sand on your tongue is just yucky.
9) Make some pretty red and green margaritas. The green ones are lime and the red ones are strawberry (frozen strawberries of course because we don’t grow strawberries in Mexico!). Drink them while you eat corn chips with a choice of red or green salsa.
8) Put on suntan lotion and go Christmas shopping on 5th Ave. Buy an inflatable pool floaty toy shaped like a palm tree for yourself and towels that say “Playa del Carmen” for everybody else.
7) Rent a kids Christmas movie that you know really well and watch it in Spanish and giggle because the voices are different and sound funny.
6) Take your new palm tree floaty and go for a polar bear swim in the pool – the pools are cold here at Christmas time! Have Abuelita (Spanish for Grandma) brand hot chocolate ready for when you come out. It’s the best - all pre spiced and everything!
5) Decorate a palm tree with twinkle lights and red balls as your Christmas tree.
4) Plan a party and invite mariachis to play the music. This is a good time to serve more red and green margaritas, and your salsa. You can also show off your palm tree.
3) Buy some poinsettias to decorate your place and then after Christmas you can plant them outdoors and they will live!
2) Take a picture of yourself at the beach wearing a Santa hat and send it as a Christmas card to all your friends who live far away. If you want to get creative, take it in front of the Santa house you made out of sand. Very impressive!
1) Last but obviously not least; put tacos out for Santa and chili flavored chips for the reindeer. They look forward to coming to Mexico every year because we have the best snacks!
Merry Christmas to all!
Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne
Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach
P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/
Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/