Monday, March 3, 2008

Mexican transportation - The Playa Express

I developed a new appreciation for the Playa Express minivan (well actually they are Mercedes Benz vans) drivers last week when I rode one from Cancun to Playa del Carmen.

Previously my experience had been one of annoyance as I drove my vehicle and they zipped in and out of traffic – stopping with no notice in front of me to let passengers off or on.

This time, I was the one on the inside. I decided these drivers have to be very confident and capable drivers as they move from one town to another making stops at passengers often short notice requests and merging successfully in and out of traffic.

Passengers and the driver were extremely polite. Thank you very much – have a nice day – go with care - was heard over and over again (in Spanish of course).

When I am driving now I will try to have more patience and more appreciation for these minivans, the drivers and the people they carry to and from work and school.

Isn’t it interesting to look at experiences from another perspective? Mexico is a wonderful opportunity for that but really we can try it anywhere.

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com

No comments: