Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Viva Aerobus - The inexpensive way to travel by air in Mexico

Viva Aerobus - It’s a bus with wings! It is air travel for the cost of a bus ride!

Am I a fan? I think so. The price is certainly right. We booked for our family of 4 adults to travel Cancun – Monterrey – Morelia and back for $5,000 pesos or the equivalent of about $500 USD total. Good deal eh? Monterrey is the hub city for Viva Aerobus so most flights go through there. We arrived home yesterday so I can fill you in on all the details.

Now understand you get no frills for a no frills price.

- No food, no drink (most airlines are that way now anyway) but it was inexpensive to buy snacks and even sandwiches on board.
- No company produced magazines on board.
- The seats do not recline.
- No fancy tickets – you get only a paper receipt (like a grocery receipt) for boarding.
- No reserved seats!
- No piped in music or videos. However the flights are short.
- You are encouraged to book your flights on the Internet.
- Their uniforms are khaki pants and t-shirts (that must cost the company less). I don't care - they could all wear pink tutus!

Frankly if they save money with the above and they pass those saving on to me – I am all for it!

Our flights to Morelia were both running about a half hour late but coming home they were both early. Name an airline that has not been running late.

I hear that as of May 1st they are also flying in and out of Austin, Texas. I think I am developing an absolute need to see Austin! Thanks Viva Aerobus!

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com

No comments: