Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mexico vs. Canada?

I am not really creating competition because in my opinion, one is not better than the other, they are simply different. However, what if I ever moved from Mexico to go back to Canada? The question is: After 7 years in Mexico, would I fit back in to Canada?

Part of me says yes and part of me says who are you kidding? So why do I feel this way? There are many similarities but also many differences between the two countries and the cultures. I have lived a different life for the past 7 years than I would have in Canada. I have fewer belongings and fewer clothes for starters.

I enjoy both countries for different reasons. Both countries have beautiful, friendly people but Mexico seems to have fewer rules and a more relaxed way of life. I like that. I miss the paved roads with lines, the change of seasons and the neatness and the ease of living in Canada. In Mexico, I will always be a foreigner. I miss our parents and visiting more with our old friends and family, but I cherish our new friends and adopted family. But I also miss things and friends from when we lived in Puerto Vallarta. I miss crisp, cool fall days; but I love the heat and the lifestyle I have in Mexico!

All in all, I am happy to be living in Mexico but I bet I would also be happy in Canada. I think you bring whatever is inside of you wherever you go. I’m not ready to leave the palm trees though! So I’m staying. I guess at this point I don’t have to really figure this question out. I will let you know if I ever decide to make a change. Maybe it will be Greece …….

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com.

No comments: