Monday, September 8, 2008

Mexican Banking

Now remember I love my adoptive home of Mexico – I just find amusement with many things – like ……..

Do you want to open a Mexican bank account?

Make sure you have lots of time. It took no less than 1 and ½ hours from the time we sat in front of the service representative. This means go to the bathroom before you arrive and watch your fluid intake because banks don’t have bathrooms!

The service rep takes forever to fill out the paperwork. Then the service rep takes you to the teller who fills out more paperwork. And I already have an account with this bank!

By the way, as a foreigner to open a bank account, you will need your passport, FM3, a utility bill with your Mexican address, and the names and numbers of two people whom you can use as references. Don’t forget anything or you start again! Sounds like a fun game doesn’t it?

Does it take this much time in other countries?

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/.

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/.

1 comment:

Zuzana said...

Sounds wonderful to be living in Mexico, as long as one has lots of patience, I assume. I think usually the closer to the equator - the more laid back the mentality of the population.;) I LOVE heat and sun, two things VERY scarce in Scandinavia.