Monday, November 24, 2008

Mexico and my paved road

I’m getting a paved road in front of my house!

Isn’t that cool? Funny that I would be excited about that isn’t it?
Do you have a paved road and take it for granted? I used to.

This is an odd and rambling story but in its way it does depict life sometimes in Mexico. It is a life I love by the way, often because of the fact that it is different.

If you have been reading my blog for awhile you will note that several times I have mentioned my road that used to be paved five years ago when we bought our house. Then you may have read my mentioning that four years ago they tore it up to put in underground sewer. That part was great but they never did repave it so the potholes grew and mini lakes formed in rainy season. It was all very adventurous!

What is my news now? Three weeks ago they graded it and compacted it. I must admit it is looking pretty good even with just that – it is certainly easier and more pleasurable to drive on.

The littlest glitch is that now my road workers have disappeared. My neighbors and I cannot find them. However, I know they will return – I am an optimist. So I am going to tell you my road is almost paved. It is so close that it is almost paved and that makes me happy.

Just another little glimpse of living in Mexico.

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/.

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/.

No comments: