Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mexican New Year

Tonight is New Years Eve and there will be many festivities in town – parties, street parties, fireworks, great food and drinks. It probably sounds a lot like where you live – isn’t it interesting how in every country things can be so different and yet many things are the same?

We will be heading down to the beach again to ring it in. Are you surprised? I’ll be counting my blessings of how fortunate I feel to be able to live in Mexico with my husband and children as I gaze out over the ocean with the distant lights of Cozumel and the twinkling blanket of stars over us. I will probably have no jacket on (Big Smile).

I don’t know how late we will stay there but I do know that whenever we get home the neighborhood parties will still be in full swing. Well if we can’t sleep we can always join them.

By the way, one fun tradition that is observed in Mexico is the eating of 12 grapes - one with each stroke of the chiming bell at midnight. This is to bring good luck for the coming year.

May your New Year be full of fun, love, prosperity and travel.

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/.

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/.

No comments: