Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fishing in Mexico

My husband went salt water fishing in the Sian Ka’an reserve just south of Tulum on Sunday. He has recently retaken this sport up as a hobby here in Mexico.

He tells a great story of starting the morning by hooking a barracuda that later got away by managing to bite the line past his leader - but he did land a jack fish.


It turns out jack fish is a red meat - surprised me! He filleted it and then barbequed it in foil and it was okay eating but I took the leftovers of it yesterday and made what I’ll call a jack fish pate and it became fantastic.

In case you ever catch a jack fish I’ll give you the recipe. I put the cooked fish in the food processer and pureed it with seasoning salt, lime, Worcestershire, fresh onion and some cheese soup! Now that was delicious. You can serve it warm or cold on crackers or toast.

He can now bring home a jack fish anytime!

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/

Would you like to own property in paradise for only $40,000? This is my husband's development in Bacalar, Mexico http://www.losflamboyanesbacalar.com/. We are planning a house there.

My husband's Playa del Carmen Real Estate office – One Stop Real Estate, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

No comments: