The following are some of my handy dandy quickie tips for newbies living in Mexico.
- Don’t bother asking why! Trying to understand why everything in Mexico is done the way that it is will only drive you slowly nuts. Just accept that people think differently and do things differently here and that is what makes it such a special place.
- It is not recommended to flush toilet paper most places in Mexico.
- All produce should be washed in a disinfecting solution and tap water. The disinfecting solution is readily available anywhere. Frankly no matter where you live I would recommend this. Just wash all your produce when you bring it home and you never have to think of it again. Yes, restaurants follow this procedure too.
- If you are paying to have something done you better act like the boss or your worker will lose respect for you.
- Yes we use bottled water in Mexico for drinking and most cooking related activities. Restaurants use it too.
- Expect things to happen more slowly in Mexico. Expect everything to happen much more slowly! Relax.
- Expect people to be friendly and helpful and they will be. Especially if that is what you have shown them.
- Expect things to be different and remember the first point – don’t ask why.
Enjoy the Adventure!
With great love, Suzanne
Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach
P.S. My ebook: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/
Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/
Are you looking for a way to earn money so you can live in Mexico? Maybe these ideas can help.
Would you like to own property in paradise for only $40,000? This is my husband's development in Bacalar, Mexico http://www.losflamboyanesbacalar.com/. We are planning a house there.
My husband's Playa del Carmen Real Estate office – http://www.onestopmc.com/