Friday, February 26, 2010

Santa Clara del Cobre, Mexico


My husband and I visited the state of Michoacan in Mexico last week. Now I get to share with you all the cool things I saw and did. Let’s start with the fun little town of Santa Clara del Cobre not far from Morelia.

It is the town of copper. We saw men heating and pounding the copper into shapes. Did you know that it can take days to make one bowl or vase? They heat the copper and can pound it into shape only until it gets cold and then they have to reheat it.
All the shops sell copper items; store after store after store. Everything I looked at was beautiful so to honor the town and support the economy I bought copper candle sticks and a wine decanter lined with silver and …… well you get the picture.

By the way, the weather was very cool (they are 6,000 feet above sea level there) and we actually saw at one point in our trip a snow covered volcano.

I love the diversity that you can find in Mexico and once again we encountered the nicest people. I am very happy to live here.

Enjoy life's adventures!

With great love, Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My ebook: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/.

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/.

Are you looking for a way to earn money so you can live in Mexico? Maybe these ideas can help.

My husband's Playa del Carmen Real Estate office – http://www.onestopmc.com/.

No comments: