Monday, September 17, 2012
The top 10 reasons to visit Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
1. Better mental health – Everyone needs a holiday! When you combine sunshine, relaxation, yoga on the beach, watching the boats go by and taking the time to read good book under a palm tree with your feet in the sand your mental health becomes stronger by the second.
2. Better physical health – any of the following is quite good exercise: walking a few uneven sidewalks, occasionally falling into the hole left uncovered and needing to climb back out, dodging bicycles on the pedestrian path, dodging pedestrians on the bicycle path, swimming in really cold cenotes (needing to raise your body temperature burns calories), body surfing the waves in that gorgeous ocean and don’t forget swimming with the dolphins.
3. You will never wonder “what if …” – what if you hadn’t visited here and you missed out on something? You would miss drinking your fruit punch out of a coconut or pineapple for one thing. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t want to die wondering what that was like.
4. It provides satisfaction – you can check it off as something you wanted to do in your lifetime. Checking things off a list is hugely satisfying. Out of curiosity, what’s next? Wrestling crocks in the Amazon?
5. It gives you energy – visiting Puerto Aventuras and the Mayan Riviera can give you more energy than you have ever known. In fact it gives you so much energy that you must take frequent hammock breaks to decide what to do with all this new found energy.
6. You can party any time you want for any reason! The fact that today is Thursday works… or that you saw a butterfly, a parrot fly by, an iguana, a dolphin, or a sea turtle.
7. It will keep your skin more youthful – the slight humidity is to thank for that. The cosmetics companies are still trying to find a way to bottle it. We get it for free.
8. The food – mouth watering shrimp tacos, shrimp burritos, shrimp sautéed in garlic butter, shrimp ceviche, and shrimp with avocado. I don’t know why but I am suddenly dying to eat some shrimp. It is a good thing I live here. By the way, you can substitute mouth watering pork, beef, chicken, fish or beans in any of those dishes.
9. It’s fun – you can’t doubt that after reading numbers one to eight. Plus you have many famous ruins to visit nearby like Tulum, Coba and one of the new 7 Wonders of the World – Chitzen Itza. You can swim, snorkel, dive and frolic in cenotes (fresh water caves). Play in Xcaret, Xelha or Xplore adventure parks, swim with the dolphins and zipline through the jungle!
10. The bonus is …you can have fun learning Spanish in 3 days! Then you can practice during your vacation. The locals will love it and you. You’ll go home with a tan and be smarter! Now that’s win/win.
Puerto Aventuras in on the Caribbean coast of Mexico and is a one hour drive from the Cancun airport. Hasta Pronto! NexT Spanish Class is Nov. 26, 27, and 28th.
May you enjoy the adventure of life every day!
Suzanne Marie Bandick