Wednesday, May 27, 2009

American football mom in Mexico


What we know as football in Canada is called American football in Mexico so that it is not confused with soccer which Mexicans call football. Are we clear as mud on that one?

I was confused about a lot of things when my son took up American football here in Mexico about four years ago. I didn’t even know the game! I just prayed a lot that he would not get seriously hurt as it looked pretty rough. It turns out that we have a pediatrician that attends every game. How lucky is that?

Now I play chauffeur mom as I transport kids to practice and I play cheerleader as I watch every game with eagle eyes that have learned to watch the football as well as where my son is. Well I manage to watch both most of the time anyway.

Who knew we had American Football in Mexico? Who knew it was such a great sport? Who knew it created such mature and disciplined kids? You see I have learned a lot from living in Mexico. Viva Mexico and American Football!

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/

Would you like to own property in paradise for only $40,000? This is my husband's development in Bacalar, Mexico http://www.losflamboyanesbacalar.com/. We are planning a house there.

No comments: