Monday, January 28, 2008

Electricians may laugh with me

Mexico always provides some humor to our electrician friends from Canada or the States. Apparently there are lots of rules in those countries when it comes to electrical work.

None of us are sure what the rules are in Mexico. My friends actually walk around taking pictures of the huge messes of electric cords and cables outside of some buildings. What goes to where?

Now first let me say I would never judge good or bad – right or wrong. Whatever works – works and we must always accept that there can be different ways of doing things. Let’s just say that everything can be interesting in Mexico.

Electrically speaking, this weekend I really got to see something I consider ingenious when a fellow came to do some welding on our gate. He brought his equipment – I don’t even know what it was called but I did notice his handy dandy electrical wiring for it. His cord was spliced together and patched and taped in 3 places. I looked at the end that would go into the wall and it was only two ends of wire. These ends he proceeds to connect directly into our meter box that sits on the side of our wall.

It took him a little playing to get it to work but he did. He got the job done and no one got electrocuted. Maybe sometimes that is all you can ask for. My gate does work perfectly now.

Only in Mexico you Say? Maybe – maybe not.

Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/

No comments: