Monday, July 20, 2009

Punta Allen, Sian Ka'an Reserve, Mexico

Punta Allen is a laid back little fishing village located in the Sian Ka’an Reserve in Quintana Roo, Mexico. It awaits you at the end of a very long, somewhat rough dirt road. It is about an hour and a half drive through the jungle from the beach resorts of Tulum. I know this because my husband and I decided to go exploring on Sunday. It was so worth the drive!

I posted all the glorious pictures on my Facebook page for ‘Only in Mexico’.

Now remember this is a very small town. The roads are made from sand. There is no major grocery store and certainly no Sam’s Club or Starbucks. The name of the game in Punta Allen is fishing, eating seafood and other delights at any of the numerous tiny restaurants in town (many right on the beach), and relaxing in a hammock perhaps to read a good book.


We found the fishing co op with the day’s catch of lobsters which prompted my husband to crave a lobster tail. So we headed to a beachside restaurant called the Bone Fish. This picture was taken from our table. And the lobster tail was delectable!

Punta Allen reminded us very much of a little fishing village we used to enjoy visiting not too far from Puerto Vallarta called Chacala. It’s the type of place you could go to just get away from it all. No fancy resorts just little cabañas on the beach.

It was a great day trip and would make for an enjoyable overnighter I am sure too. Hmm, when is our next company coming?
Enjoy the Adventure! Suzanne

Suzanne Marie Bandick
Live your Dreams Life Coach

P.S. My book: Only in Mexico You Say? The Humorous Side of Living in Mexico is available now on my site http://www.onlyinmexicoyousay.com/

Would you like help to visit or live in Mexico? Visit http://www.liveyourdreamscoaching.com/

Are you looking for a way to earn money so you can live in Mexico? I found a book with online business ideas!

Would you like to own property in paradise for only $40,000? This is my husband's development in Bacalar, Mexico http://www.losflamboyanesbacalar.com/. We are planning a house there.

My husband's Playa del Carmen Real Estate office – One Stop Real Estate, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

No comments: